Tuesday 8 February 2011

January 31st The London Tour

The London tour is one of the most unforgettable tour in my life.
My journey began at King’s Across station. The Harry Potter was set here and I was so excited when I found the 9 3/4  platform. Unfortunately, the real wall was being renewed so we only see a picture of the platform.  Anyway ,  I am satisfied.
The schedule is really fantastic. We went London Eye the first day we got there and was amazed at the fantastic  beautiful scenery of London. The building of Parliament, the Big Ben, Westminster Abbey etc. they are something  I used to think that could only be seen in the TV,  but now I just see it with my own eye. That’s really unbelievable.
I have to mention that the underground system in London is really mature. They dig so deep into underground and I wonder if it has the same serious problem with Shanghai that it was sinking every time. What’s more, the policy that we can travel as much as we can once we pay 6.6 a day provides us with lots of convenient.  The underground is really frequent, we don’t have wait long for a train. But compared to Shanghai, the London railway is smaller and older.
What fascinate me most is the Trafalgar Square with National Gallery around it. The Square is full of romantic .  It’s grandeour and gorgeous. I love the construction, shape and color s on it. It is really a perfect place for me. The National Gallery showed us a lot of famous paitings like 岩间圣母by Da Vinchi, Sunflower by Vincent Van Goah, Larphail, and so on. I was absorbed by the surprising pictures.
There’s something else to say, like the Oxford Street, the Beckingham Palace, the Baker street, the Downing Town, the Tower of London, London Bridge, the British Museum etc. They all leaves me a great impression.
London is smaller than I think and is much smaller than Shanghai, but  it is a city with long history and rich culture. The modern London is a modern city, and people of all ages, all nationality

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica,

    You seem to have had a lovely time in London and seen a lot of the famous places. Interesting that you said 'Beckingham Palace' I don't know if you know this, but the real name is 'Buckingham Palace'. As David and Victoria Beckham are so 'popular' and rich they bought a huge house in the countryside and the newspapers gave it a name - Beckingham Palace. Sorry if you already knew it!

    You compared Shanghai and London well.

    TNT

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete