Tuesday 8 February 2011

February 2th Chinese new year

February 2th
It’s so exciting that Chinese new year is ahead of time. It’s the first time for me to celebrating this traditional Carnival with my friends instead of my family.
All day long, we kept thinking about the things to do tonight and phoned our family to say Happy New Year to them.
The most worthy things to tell is about the fantastic dinner in “Red Chilly”. To tell the truth, I am not that into English food or Italian food. Traditional English food has a menu no more than one page and Italian food talks nothing but pasta. Everything is perfect for me except for the traditional English food. I strongly recommend to have a big dinner in Red Chilly. The dishes tasted quite Chinese and all my friends were all satisfied very much.
After dinner, we took part in the Chinese New Year Party hold by the York Student Union. It seems that girls are more interested in this activity than boys. Well, the party is not as good as we thought. The food could hardly be called a dumpling. It was something that I never seen and I thought the taste is a little bit weird. And it is so noisy inside the EDGE that it was hard to concentrate on the Chinese Celebration on TV. But still it was a wonderful night for we chatted happily with our friends and knew more about each other.
So much about today!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting that the food at the party was not what you expected. What is it about English and Chinese food that is different?

    I have eaten at Red Chilli, once with a group of English teachers and once with a group of Chinese. The food was better when I was with the Chinese. They ordered everything in Chinese and it was not necessarily on the menu! The service was better too.

    TNT

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete